Sunday, August 9, 2009

10 Beautiful things I saw last week

10 Beautiful things I saw last week.

1. The shimmering multi-hued green of southern Michigan's fields and forests.
2. My 92 year-old grandmother's smile when we saw each other for the first time in two years.
3. The three does and four fawns gathered around the salt lick at dusk in my parent's back yard.



4. My great-nephew Alexzander: chubby, smiling, blonde and blue-eyed.
5. The bluebells and tiger lilies scattered like pebbles along the side of the back roads of Jackson County.
6. The stabs of lightning flashing from a thunderstorm 200 miles to the south while flying west on a moonlit night above the clouds.
7. Jama Rizzi.
8. The last fireflies of the season performing their ghost dance in the Michigan night.
9. The twin Latina actress/models jogging together down Runyon Canyon, their skin glistening in the late afternoon sunlight.
10. Ryan Taylor-Smith in facepaint with a sockpuppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment